2018 was a big year for the Sims! This year we…
- Saw our son grow out of being a baby and into being a toddler/little boy (he now knows all his ABC’s!)
- Enjoyed another year as members at our wonderful church, Immanuel Baptist
- Officially passed over the “halfway point” of seminary being finished
- Found out we are expecting another little boy in February 2019!
- Explored Louisville and the surrounding area much more with an adventurous toddler on our hands
- Marc got to attend the Together For the Gospel conference
- Hillary got to go away on a girls trip to Denver with old friends from Nebraska (while Marc watched Jack and fed him slurpees and candy)
- We visited Washington three times, once to welcome Marc’s newest little niece into the world!
- Celebrated six years of marriage by driving to North Carolina to hike around the Smoky Mountains and explore Asheville.
The year has been sweet. There have been times of trying, difficulty, and stretching; times where we have felt like we are being pushed beyond our limits in every way, but every time the Lord’s grace has sustained us–usually not through removing the difficulty, but teaching us to fight for joy in the midst of it all. God has been so kind, so generous, and so patient with us, despite our persistent foolishness. It’s all grace. Praise God for Jesus!
We look forward to our 2019 with hearts that are eager to grow even more, to experience the Lord in fresh ways, for our family to grow from three to four, and for us to finish school and return to the beautiful PNW!